I’m not sure what to write here. I think I have many sides to me. Maybe I’ll just add things as I think of them.
I’m a mom, and author. But first of all I am a child of God and a friend of Jesus.
Raising my sons to be men of God and good family leaders one day is my interest right now. They haven’t had very good father figures as they’ve grown up. Thank God, He blessed me with a wonderful father who has been able to step in from time to time when they needed one. My sons are both still at home (born in ’92 & ’94). I homeschooled them since their Freshman and seventh grade years. My oldest has graduated and is studying to be a Pastor, my youngest is hoping to be a chef. One will help feed your heart and soul and the other your body! lol
I was raised in small country town in Pennsylvania. I had lived there for most of my 40 years of life when in 2005, I moved to the big city of Cleveland, Ohio. Wow! What a difference. The spiritual atmosphere between the two is palatable. It seems there is very little rest and peace in this big city. I’ve been and lived in other big cities, but there is something different about Cleveland. It’s sad really, and in need of God’s love badly.
I’ve become a part of a church body that really gets it, it’s all about Loving God and Loving People. The young adults are taking on the initiative to bring Cleveland a new song to sing. And our church as a whole is reaching into our community to try and share the love of God.
No matter what happens in my life one thing I am assured of and a constant through every trial, obstacle, and attack has been God. I don’t know how one navigates this ugly thing called life without Him. He is everything to me. My all and all. Without Him, there is nothing, with Him, there are many possibilities.
Let me tell you that I do not feel as though I write most of these blogs. I just allow the Spirit to flow through me and when I’m done, I go back and read them. I think, WOW! That is good! Full well knowing that I had very little to contribute other than my hands. I am but a pen in God’s hand. I pray that one person is touch by one blog – and everything after that – is icing on the cake! All to His glory – not mine.
Well, that’s it about me. 8D
Here’s some things I filled out and put on Facebook. I’ve already thought of them once, why think of them again. 😀
- Reading, studying, growing and taking care of my family.
- Favorite Quotations:
- Peter Kerlin, STORM: “If God isn’t changing you then the opposite is automatically true, Satan is!”Trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love.”Because she knows the worst thing about me, and it´s okay. You know each others secrets… and then you´re free. Free to love each other, completely, totally. Just no fear. There´s nothing you don´t know about each other, and it´s okay””When the enemy is talking, talk back – you may pause for a minute – SELAH – then throw your BUT into it – BUT Thou oh Lord” – T. D. Jakes. And to go with that, “Christian buts are always in the way.” Mark of Casting Crowns during a study on James. lolWilliam Parrish (Meet Joe Black): Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who’ll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I’m not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you’ll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love – well, you haven’t lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven’t tried, you haven’t lived.
- Favorite Music:
- I’ll try listening to just about anything. Not too much into heavy metal or screaming singers, or any thing like Opera in a language I can’t understand. Other than that, I’ll give it a listen.
- Favorite TV Shows:
- 7th Heaven, Survivor, MasterChef, I like the reality shows. I enjoy watching people and how they interact and react to different circumstances. Actually, I don’t watch much TV. I watch most of the shows I like via internet – way less commercials and you can pause and come back anytime you want to. Cut’s down on the amount of time TV can eat up as well.
- Favorite Movies:
- On of my favorites used to be Greece, but now that I’ve seen High School musical, I might have to change that.
- Favorite Books:
- Bible, Mine (of course; -)) anything that will help me learn how to be a better person. LOVE Max Lucado, C. S. Lewis, Francis Chan and authors who really make you think.