This is a chores and rewards – consequences agreement we had with the kids that lived in our household. Did away with a lot of hassles. LOL A few times they were able to call us back into check as well. Be sure you are willing to be held just as responsible for your end.
Chores – Rewards – Consequences
ALL tags must be completed before you will be allowed to do any extra-curricular activities. This includes using your computer for something other than school work and watching any TV.
Some tags will be worth money. Payment for tags will be made on a bi-weekly basis. If you complete every tag completely, you will receive $_____ per week or $_____ per year. You are responsible for reporting when you have completed a tag. Each of the following tags is worth .____/weekday:
- School work – All school work assigned must be completed that day. Any scores under ____% will deduct _____ from this tag. See your card for additional expectations in this area, each expectation not met will deduct _____ from this tag.
- School calendar –Students must keep a calendar of assignments due daily and check them off when completed. Random checks of this calendar will be made. Each assignment missed will deduct ____ from this tag.
- Bedroom – Each room has a card listing what is to be expected. Each expectation not met will deduct ___ from this tag.
- Desk – Desks should be kept clear of items not related to school work or completing of school work. A surface area for writing should be kept clear. A drink or snack may be placed on the desk, away from computer equipment. If you are unsure of what can be placed on your desk, check with a parent. Each item that is unapproved will deduct ___ from this tag.
- Pet – Refer to your card indicating expectations in this area. Each expectation not met will deduct ____ from this tag.
- Trash – ALL trash cans AND trash lying around must be taken to the curb. Each person must take at least one can out. In the real work world, you will have to do things that are not your responsibility and you will not receive extra compensation for it. Most times, you will also have to complete these things quietly with no complaints. Do not complain to the Parents unless there are two of you bringing the complaint. Do not bully others either, this does not go over well in the work world. You can leave the trash can that someone forgot to take out; however, any other trash left behind will deduct ____ per item from this tag.
- Trash – Bring your can back in before ____ pm.
- Laundry – Have your laundry by the washing machine by ____ on your laundry day (yes you can put it there the night before). Each hour after that will deduct _____ from your tag. If you miss your laundry day, see me to make other arrangements. Do not hold your laundry to the next week, this just complicates things. See the card in your room to see what is expected to be included in your laundry.
- Laundry Put Away – Laundry should be put away by _______ the next day.
- Zone – You are expected to complete the expectations listed on the card everyday, even on weekends. Each expectation not met will deduct _____ from this tag.
Random checks for compliance with the tags will be made daily. You will be responsible for purchasing your own clothing and shoes out of this money. There may also be events that you will be responsible for paying at least a portion of the cost from this money. We strongly encourage you to tithe on this money. We also strongly encourage you to save some of this money. Experts recommend that you tithe 10% and give yourself 10% before you do anything else with your money. This will also be your ‘spending’ money. You should develop a budget to make sure that you have enough left over to do everything you need to do with it.
You will have 10 vacation days per year, anything over that will need to be discussed with the Parents. This would not include any visitation time that you spend with other parents. However, if you are here for part of the day you are expected to complete your work for that day.
So, you now have a responsibility. It is not our responsibility to remind you to do these things. You can not blame anyone else for not fulfilling YOUR responsibility. You are well aware of the consequences – ALL tags completed or no extra-curricular activities; No payment for tags not completed and deductions for expectations not met. If you have any questions, ask, otherwise there are no acceptable excuses for any tag or expectation not met.
I understand my responsibilities:
I understand my responsibilities: